Friday, October 17, 2008

Bruce Springsteen and Billy Joel in Concert for Obama

The Rocky Mountain News (via talkleft.com) reports that a fundraising concert took place led by two of the biggest names in music.

Obama also offered a new explanation for his decision to seek the White House.

"I was sitting offstage with (his wife) Michelle, and I ... said, 'Honey, the reason I'm running for president is I can't be Bruce Springsteen. I can't be Billy Joel,'" Obama said.


Much of the talk was about not getting overconfident. The CNN report is all about the warnings Obama has issued to his supporters.

Sen. Barack Obama cautioned supporters Thursday against becoming complacent during the final days leading up to the election, noting he lost the New Hampshire primary despite a lead in the polls.

What's your opinion? Is it possible for the "Democrats to snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory" again? I'm sticking with my original prediction: Obama by a landslide.

1 comment:

  1. Always pick pop stars to pick your leaders. They know how to run a show and make people happy in the short term and make brilliant productions.

    Excuse me while I wander off and watch "Triumf des Willens" one more time. That worked out nicely for the world...or if you happen to live in Italy as a pretend American you could watch things produced by Centro sperimentale di cinematografia.

    God help us all if you still manage to be able to vote in a country you haven't lived in in decades.

    Don't mind me, I'm just thinking of Quislings while I work...

    Is that a real poncho or a cheap Italian made Cleveland poncho? People like you make people like Zappa more precious than he deserved to be.

    ReplyDelete