Monday, May 18, 2009

Blog Break for Medical Reasons

I'm in the hospital tomorrow for a small operation. Almost two years ago I had a bad break, a bone in my right forearm near the elbow. There was a bad crack, bone fragments and soft tissue damage. The surgery left me with a one-inch pin and limited extension and rotation capacity. Luckily, the most natural position for my arm to be in is the typing position. That part worked out pretty good. So tomorrow they remove the pin and clean up some calcification and expect for me to have some improvement.

Just in case there might be some discussion in my absence, comment moderation is off. Cheers.

Apropos of nothing, but who needs an excuse to play the Kinks.

10 comments:

  1. Best wishes for a successful operation, Mike. A bit of time away from the blog is needed from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck tomorrow and with your recuperation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck. Hope the operation goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck Mike! Hope all goes well. Take it easy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck and a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Baby I feel good,
    from the moment I rise,
    feel good from mornin'
    till the end of the day."

    Thanks for all the good wishes and the comments on the other threads. I guess I have some answering to do over there (which is exactly what I'd hoped for).

    The surgery went well but it was a lot heavier than expected. He worked on my poor elbow for two hours. The physical therapy torture sessions began immediately the following day. The whole thing was an ordeal, I can tell you.

    Here's a not-very-serious question for Mike W. or S. Who is it easier to get a straight answer from, a surgeon talking to a patient right before an operation or a defense attorney talking to a client right before trial?

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Who is it easier to get a straight answer from, a surgeon talking to a patient right before an operation or a defense attorney talking to a client right before trial?"

    Depends if Sodium Pentothal is used as a pre-op anesthetic.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodium_thiopental#Truth_serum

    ReplyDelete
  8. MikeB,

    Neither, it is easier to get a straight answer from a stone then either a surgeon or defense attorney.

    ReplyDelete