Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Gun Trafficking

Philly.com published an article by Monica Yant Kinney about the gun trafficking problem. She described how one gun trafficker, she named Jerome, got into the business. Thanks for the tip Laci.

Under Pennsylvania law, with a clean record, Jerome could buy as many guns as he could afford. The only snag? It was illegal.

"Almost from the beginning," he said, "they knew what I was up to."


Jerome was referring to the gun dealers, the legitimate gun dealers who sold him 160 guns over a two-year period and now shrug their shoulders and say, "I didn't do anything wrong."

Eventually Jerome went to jail for a couple years and seems to have learned his lesson. His current attitude is this.

Watching the news, Jerome knows he's partly responsible for the city's crisis of violence. But he thinks there's blame to go around.

"I knew it would come to an end for me. I just wish those gun dealers were held accountable."


What do you think? Is there "blame" to go around?

Please leave a comment.

4 comments:

  1. Mikeb: Is there "blame" to go around?

    I looked for proof beyond a reasonable doubt. I saw instead only the opinion of a convict looking to shed some of the blame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an ass. He wants to blame someone else because HE BROKE THE LAW.

    This is a perfect example of what's wrong with our society today. Liberalism at work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm confused. Is this an anti-gun or pro-gun story? I mean it is about a criminal doing criminal acts and gets caught. Isn't that the way it is supposed to work? What am I missing?

    Maybe if I registered one of my guns, Jerome wouldn't have broken the law.

    ReplyDelete
  4. FWM said, "I mean it is about a criminal doing criminal acts and gets caught. Isn't that the way it is supposed to work?"

    No, the way it's supposed to work is those gun dealers who turn a blind eye are put out of business. The flow of guns into New York is reduced to a trickle and gun violence drops.

    ReplyDelete