Monday, August 8, 2011

OK, Cowman--strut your stuff!

Now that I am a co-blogger...

Cowman has said that he knows more about the Second Amendment than I do.

I will challenge his knowledge on this topic by asking him to show that Patrick Henry's "The great object is, that every man be armed" speech from 3 Elliot's Debates 384-7 (June 14, 1788) found here and this speech from Elliot 3:51--52 found here have nothing to do with Article 1, Section 8, Clause 16, which states:
To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;

and deals with a personal right to arms outside the militia context.

6 comments:

  1. If Cowman can do that, Laci, my friend, I'll even let the comment come through. Heck, I'll post it myself, LOL!

    Welcome, and Laissez les bon temps roulez! This should be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All right, Laci's a co-blogger now! Maybe we'll be treated with a story or TWO on negligent discharges, and his expertise on that subject as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, Anon, I believe the phrase 'asked and answered' pertains...or been there done that, for having addressed the issue.

    But I'm sure Laci will take your request under advisement for a repreise, LOL.

    I can only say that I would be perfectly confident in my safety, in going anywhere shooting with Laci at any time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anon, Dog Gone's comment about asked and answered is correct.

    If you find negligent discarges of cap guns (an 8mm blank pistol) exciting, then I truly worry about you.

    BTW, the "firearm" in question was a Reck PK800.

    Maybe we can hear about your expertise in small arms by having you tell us the difference between that and a REAL Walther PPK.

    Additionally, anon, why don't you show your expertise in firearms by tellings us about the difference between and 8mm blank and an actual cartridge. What sort of weapon fires 8mm blank cartridges.

    I look forward to hearing you say something worth hearing, but I'm not holding my breath.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laci, Welcome to the team. Thanks for agreeing to join.

    ReplyDelete