Saturday, May 5, 2012

The Deafening Silence

via The Huffington Post
where the author bemoans the fact that political leaders are practically silent on this grave problem.
The NRA's mantra, "Guns don't kill people. People kill people," is nonsense. People with access to guns kill people. The autobiography of charismatic educator Geoffrey Canada describes in vivid detail how things have changed. In fact, his brilliant title says it all: Fist Stick Knife Gun.

When I was a kid, we wrestled and maybe threw some punches when we were out of control mad. Today, we shoot someone.
What's your opinion? Has the NRA, which represents a minority of Americans, scared everyone silent? Could this turn around in Obama's second term?

Please leave a comment.

3 comments:

  1. "When I was a kid, we wrestled and maybe threw some punches when we were out of control mad. Today, we shoot someone."

    This douche-bag speaks of his own desires, not mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I have never been out of control mad in my life then. I have never felt the need to punch anyone out of anger much less the desire to shoot someone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly so. No gun rights supporter has ever expressed a desire to see me shot, but two here have done so. Perhaps gun control should be, if you want to control guns, you don't get to own one.

      Delete