Monday, February 15, 2010

Bullet-Proof Blackberry

Local ABC news reports on a freakish incident in which a woman almost lost her life in another accidental shooting.

The boyfriend went to put on his coat and accidentally discharged the handgun he had.

Modern day technology literally saved an Ohio woman's life. Police in Butler Township say a 22 year old woman and her boyfriend were drinking at a restaurant. The boyfriend went to put on his coat and accidentally discharged the handgun he had.

The bullet hit the woman's Blackberry that she had in her pocket. Captain Carl Bush says, "Very lucky for her is that in her pants pocket, or jeans pocket, she had her Blackberry. And the Blackberry stopped the bullet. Drinking and guns definitely do not go together."

The woman only got a bruise, but her boyfriend is facing a third-degree felony for bringing a gun into a place that sells liquor. The woman's Blackberry did not survive the bullet damage.

Because of one stupid incident like this, do I think no one shoud be allowed to carry guns? You betcha. Do I think that a guy who does something like this once should lose his right to own guns forever? You betcha. Do I want to be able to go to a restaurant without wondering if the guy at the next table knows how to handle his gun? You betcha.

What's your opinion? Please leave a comment.

6 comments:

  1. Mikeb says:

    Because of one stupid incident like this, do I think no one shoud be allowed to carry guns? You betcha. Do I think that a guy who does something like this once should lose his right to own guns forever? You betcha. Do I want to be able to go to a restaurant without wondering if the guy at the next table knows how to handls his gun? You betcha.

    Well, as the saying goes, there's good news and bad news. The good news is that your third wish is granted: you are perfectly free to wonder--or not--whatever you wish. The bad news (for you) is that your other two wishes ain't gonna happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may get wish #2 as well. It was a felony for him to have the gun in that restaurant. If charged and convicted, he may become a prohibited person. At the very least, he will probably lose his CHL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, well it's already illegal to carry in places that serve alcohol in OH, yet that didn't stop this guy.

    Another rousing success of gun control.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops--my mistake on the guy losing my gun rights. You guys are right--he most likely will, on the basis of a felony conviction. That's what I get for not reading carefully enough.

    That should make you happy, Mikeb--two of your wishes out of three ain't bad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do I want to be able to go to a restaurant without wondering if the guy at the next table knows how to handls his gun? You betcha.

    But you live in ITALY.

    I strongly believed if you lived here, and had to raise your family here, your opinion on guns may change. Not saying it would change, but it may change.

    Good thing the only people who have guns in Italy are the mafia members.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I said:

    Oops--my mistake on the guy losing my gun rights.

    This is getting embarrassing. Yet another silly mistake on my part. I meant " . . . the guy losing his gun rights . . .."

    I need to up my caffeine intake, apparently.

    ReplyDelete