Updated from our earlier post.
1. Licensing of all gun owners which would include a penal background
check, a mental health background check, an eye exam, a written and
practical test and approval by the local authorities.
2. Registration of all newly bought firearms which would need to be
renewed after three months and yearly thereafter by presenting the
paperwork and the weapon to the police.
3. Reporting of any lost or stolen firearm within 48 hours.
4. Safe storage: in the home a gun must be on your person or in a safe, in a gun shop, adequate physical and electronic security systems must be in place.
5. Background checks on all purchases including private ones. This can be done at the local FFL dealer for a nominal fee.
6. Three day waiting period for all first purchases.
7. "May Issue" policy for concealed carry permits managed federally - same rules in every state.
8. Assault Weapons Ban using the California model which would include restrictions on extended magazines.