Saturday, February 5, 2011

Courtroom Shooting in Alabama

Here's the gist of it.  A guy on crutches with a broken hip is sentenced to jail and freaks out. The judge pulls a gun on him but that doesn't work. Next, thing ya know, a police officer shoots him twice.  Here's the story.

Now I realize a good bash in the head with a crutch can hurt, but was lethal force really necessary. (Can you call it lethal force if the guy accidentally lives?)

What's your opinion?  But before you start, ask yourself this. Why do I (the commenter) keep defending the police in shootings when I really have serious concerns about police brutality and government oppression of all kinds?  Could it be that, as a gun owner, I want to reserve the right to misuse my own gun if the opportunity ever arises, you know, killing goblins and all that good shit? Why else wouldn't I denounce this continual, daily police violence to the high heavens?

It's a mystery to me.  Please leave a comment.

2 comments:

  1. There can be no doubt that some police shootings are unjustified, and are, indeed, murder. With you, though, that seems to be the default assumption. Not only are they guilty until proven innocent, but your standard of proof is, in most cases, utterly impossible to meet.

    My refusal to play that game has nothing to do with fantasies of gunning people down with only very questionable (at best) justification. I would find a person who harbored such fantasies utterly repugnant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zorroy, You find these fantasies repugnant, just like you feel about racism and misogyny. You're not biased and you certainly come by your opinions perfectly honestly.

    You're practically a saint. Think about that new avatar, man.

    ReplyDelete