Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Dancing on their graves?

I don't hear enough from Richard Martinez.  His son Christopher was among the six college students murdered in Isla Vista, California.  He has gone on the offensive rather than be silent in his grief.

Unlike a lot of other people, Mr. Martinez has been public in his outrage about the inaction to address the out of control situation that is the US gun problem.  His first public statement was a blistering and emotional indictment of “craven” politicians who refuse to act on even moderate gun reform.

Take a look in the mirror and ask yourself--"Do you really believe that you are safe from being touched by gun violence?"

Be honest with yourself.  Do you really think that your kid is safe when you have a gun in the house?

Anyway, Richard Martinez says “For me to live with this and honor his memory, I will continue to go anywhere and talk to anybody for as long as they want and are willing to listen to me about this problem. I’m not going to shut up.”

He isn't going away and he is NOT backing down.

1 comment:

  1. https://www.facebook.com/pages/I-Stand-With-Richard-Martinez/588055197975262
    I see he has 7 likes.

    orlin sellers

    ReplyDelete