I was remiss in not getting this posted in time for Constitution Day, but as part of the Constitution Day weekend, I hope that readers will still enjoy this form of celebration of our national heritage. (Because a little more education, and some fun, is a better way to celebrate our founding father's efforts than buying a gun.)
1. What was our country's first constitution called?
A. The Articles of Confederation
B. The Declaration of Independence
C. The Federalist Papers
D. The Emancipation Proclamation
2. Laws for the United States are made by:
A. The President
B. The Senate
D. The Supreme Court
3. The longest possible time a person can now serve as President is :
A. 4 years
B. 8 years
C. 10 years
D. 12 years
4. A man accused of a crime in court has a right to:
A. Hear the witness against him.
B. Be tried wherever he wants.
C. Have any judge he wants.
D. Change courts.
5. Invoking the 5th Amendment means an accused man:
A. Refuses to testify against himself
B. Refuses to be tried again
C. Demands a grand jury
D. Wants to appeal his case
6. Our first Vice-President was:
A. Alexander Hamilton
B. Thomas Jefferson
C. Benjamin Franklin
D. John Adams
7. The Bill of Rights is:
A. The First Ten Amendments
B. The Fifteenth Amendments
C. The Entire Constitution
D. All of the Amendments
8. If neither the President, nor the Vice-President can serve, the position would be filled by:
A. The Speaker of the House
B. The Chief Justice
C. The Elected President of the Senate
D. The Secretary of State
9. The major Department Head who is appointed by the President to deal with foreign countries is the:
A. Secretary of Defense
B. Secretary of State
C. Attorney General
D. Secretary of Commerce
10. The President is elected if he:
A. Wins a majority of electoral votes
B. Wins most of the countries votes
C. Wins all of the states votes
D. Wins most of the states votes
I will come back in 24 hours (approximately) and post the answers. Or, if you don't want to wait, you can follow the link to the web site and take the quiz there. Following the 10 question quiz, if you are enjoying yourself (or are curious) there is a more advanced and longer quiz.
Enjoy! Happy Constitution Day!