I've run across this claim before, so it's pretty easy to eviscerate it.
Until recently, Faria was head of a small group called the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons (AAPS) which put out its "findings" in a publication called the Journal of American Physicians and Surgeons (JPANDS). Here's what Science-Based Medicine says about AAPS:
It is not an exaggeration to say that the AAPS, through its journal JPANDS, is waging a war on science- and evidence-based medicine in the name of its politics.
In addition to opposition to any gun control, AAPS also claims:
- Fluoridation of drinking water is against freedom;
- HIV does not cause AIDS;
- Vaccinations cause autism and that "shaken baby syndrome" is a hoax and is caused by vaccinations;
- Abortion causes breast cancer;
- Climate change is a hoax;
- Illegal aliens bring the "plague" and leprosy to the US;
- That Barack Obama used "mind control" to win election in 2008.