Monday, March 8, 2010

David Marshall Williams Changes Warfare

Cracked.com has a fascinating post about men who changed the world from behind bars.

If you're extra good in prison, you might earn yourself some Spork privileges. No more eating pudding with the folded up lid for you; you've earned the right to use utensils, son! But that's only if you keep your nose clean, stay out of trouble and generally go out of your way to make prison life more bearable for all. So how good do you have to be to earn gun-building rights? You can ask David Marshall Williams that question, he spent most of his prison time building, testing and refining new types of machine guns.


This one caught my eye, but the others are interesting too.

3 comments:

  1. If by "interesting" you mean full of anti-gun invective, half-truths and some exaggeration, you're right, it's interesting!

    I see that you find the ideas of redemption and forgiveness to be intolerable. A man sent to prison cannot change, and once punished for his crime, he cannot ever be forgiven for his crimes? Once a criminal, forever a criminal, never to be trusted or given a second chance?

    Goodness, I hope you don't have kids----I'd hate to have you for a dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shrimp said, "I see that you find the ideas of redemption and forgiveness to be intolerable."

    Now, let's get one thing straight. I'm the one who reads into these stories, which I usually try to base on something that makes sense.

    Your conclusion that I find redemption and forgiveness intolerable is based on what?

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Your conclusion that I find redemption and forgiveness intolerable is based on what?"

    Uhhh, let's see. From the post directly below:
    "...I wouldn't mind seeing probation as long as Mr. Shanahan would forfeit his right to own guns forever."

    From the post "Ambassador Antonin Scalia":
    "Do you think cheating on your taxes should disqualify a person for owning guns?"

    From the post "Utah the Gun Owners' Paradise":
    "First of all, I say one strike you're out."

    From the post "Police Trainee Shoots Himself":
    "In the past I've suggested that one accident with a gun disqualifies the person for life. I realize that sounds extreme, but we're not talking about a little mistake here."


    Can I stop now, or shall I dig up more? Do I get a cookie?

    ReplyDelete