Tuesday, June 28, 2011

It's Official - Bachmann for President

Call me a rainbow-seeing, skipping-through-the-grass, liberal optimist, but I say never in a million years will Michelle Bachmann become president. I don't care how many foster-kids she has, all that right-to-life crap is the worst form of misogyny which denies women basic human rights and autonomy over their own lives and bodies. All that nonsense about marriage being between a man and a woman is pure homophobia. The Tea Party Movement is a seething hate-cauldron, and she's one of the founders of it.


1 comment:

  1. I, too, would consider myself a liberal optimist; I don’t see how people could possibly consider Michele Bachmann a sane, intelligent person. Her views are so extreme! I really liked your description of the Tea Party as a “seething hate-cauldron.” They’re pro-life, anti-gay marriage, anti-tax, anti-government assistance, etc. Their policies make no sense to me and it saddens me that so many people have latched onto Bachmann and the party so fervently. It just seems like a huge step back for civil rights and progress. I wanted to share this video on Michele Bachmann’s presidential candidacy with you. I think you’ll appreciate how it analyzes different perspectives to show how Bachmann appeals to the extremists but how that might hurt her when she’s looking for conservative Democrats’ or Independents’ votes. I hope you’ll consider embedding the video in your blog.

    http://www.newsy.com/videos/bachmann-makes-her-bid-official/

    ReplyDelete