Monday, August 1, 2011

Detroit Police Commander Brian Davis Goes Back to Work


When this story first broke, I didn't know the story of Detroit Police Commander Brian Davis which has now appeared in the Detroit papers with his return to duty. I consider him a great hero, although I'm afraid Ann Barnhardt would not approve of all that scrambling and cowering for his lives.

If I EVER encounter a gunman or gunmen situation as we saw yesterday in Norway, or as in the Giffords shooter in Arizona, or as in musloid Mumbai-syle attacks I will NOT seek cover.



My first impressions still work for me. Crazy killers don't particularly select gun-free zones. And the gun rich environment is not what prevented this from being a mass murder. The shooter was simply a lousy shot. What do you think?

Please leave a comment.

2 comments:

  1. MikeB: "And the gun rich environment is not what prevented this from being a mass murder."

    So the fact that the shooter was shot and killed has nothing to do with the "gun rich environment"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I guess it does, but if the bad guy hadn't been such an erratic shot, he would have killed 5 or 6 cops first.

    So it was his erratic shooting not the gun rich environment that saved the day, to the extent that it was saved.

    ReplyDelete