Thursday, April 4, 2013

Fox Attacks Obama for "Cops as Props" in Colorado

video link

I would imagine, as the sherrif in the video mentioned, cops are like any other group. Most agree with the gun control movement, some don't, and a tiny fringe element is strongly opposed.

This guy offered anecdotal examples which were supposed to represent a very large group.  When asked directly, he fell back on the famous NRA lie that "certainly the chiefs" who are appointed politically might be for gun control.

Then, of course, the most famous straw man argument came out.  It's the violence, it's not the guns.

His biggest lie of all was to say the Colorado governor and legislature has proven they have no interest in getting guns out of the hands of criminals. How could he possibly say such a thing with a straight face?  Are gun-rights fanatics so paranoid and self-centered that they actually think it's all about them and their precious guns?

"These things can't simply be legislated," says the gun nut in uniform that Fox News is portraying as representative of the "front line" cops in Colorado.

This is just another example of the blatant bias that is Fox News.

What's your opinion?  Please leave a comment.

5 comments:

  1. If there's one thing that I could get you to do, it would be to stop accusing everyone who disagrees with you of lying. What it shows is that an unarmed society--and the Internet is an unarmed society--is a rude society.

    But perhaps you heard that many Colorado sheriffs have declared that they will not enforce Federal violations of gun rights. Keep clinging to your delusions. The more out of touch you are, the better things are for my side.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're the one who's deluded. And I don't call people liars for disagreeing with me. That's what your side does. I don't call people liars for their opinions.

      Well maybe you have a point. To say the Colorado governor has proven that he doesn't care about reducing violence is this man's opinion, as bizarre an opinion as it is. Maybe I shouldn't call that a lie.

      Yet, I find it hard to believe this guy believes that ridiculous statement. So, I'll stick with lie on this one.

      Delete
    2. Because it's not a lie if you believe it!

      Delete
    3. Perhaps the law enforcement official here hasn't looked into the matter in as much detail as we have, Mikeb. The filthy politician who happens to be governor of Colorado at the moment is a part of the control freak movement. In his heart, he may believe that he's acting in the interests of public safety, but as we've shown you many times before, what he's signed will not protect anyone--other than criminals.

      But Mikeb, I've told you before, show me where I've lied. In other words, words that come from an understanding of the English language, show me where I've made a statement that I knew to be in error. Stop calling an interpretation a lie. Stop calling a conclusion based on evidence a lie.

      Or keep doing it. Doing so only helps our side.

      Delete
    4. Very often I don't believe you believe your own bullshit. Those are lies. Of course, I could be wrong.

      Delete