Saturday, July 13, 2013

Michigan Man Shoots Himself by Accident in the Bathroom

 Local news reports

A Warren building inspector was hospitalized Friday morning after accidentally shooting himself in the leg while on the job in city hall. 

The 62-year-old man was reholstering his .45-caliber handgun in the men’s bathroom about 10 a.m. when it accidentally fired and hit him in the hip, according to Warren Police Commissioner Jere Green. The bullet split in two in his leg and both fragments lodged in his knee area, Green said. He was taken to William Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak. 

“It was absolutely accidental,” Green said. “There was someone in the stall who said he came out and asked what happened, and he said, ‘Oh s---, I shot myself.’ He probably said some other things, too.” 

Two things: It sounds like this guy had a concealed carry permit but nothing was said about that.  That's one of the reasons for all the secrecy, it's not about privacy, it's about covering up the mistakes so they can claim unbelievably high safety records.

And, any gun owner who shoots himself, or another for that matter, by accident has proven his inability to safely handle firearms.  My theory is this is probably not the first mistake he's ever made.  If we took gun safety seriously and disarmed people every time they do something like this, the world would be a better place.

What's your opinion?  Please leave a comment.

2 comments:

  1. Or it could be that you're just wishing that carry license holders screw up a lot. In the absence of evidence, fantasies are free to run amuck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Texas Colt carryJuly 24, 2013 at 8:40 PM

    I wonder if the 45 was a Glock. I bet it was. More people, including cops, shoot themselves with those guns, and with guns like them.

    I hate Glocks.

    ReplyDelete