Sunday, May 16, 2010

Glenn Beck at the Convention

On The Truth About Guns, one of my new favorite gun blogs, Brad Kozak posted his live-blogging description of Glenn Beck's talk at the NRA convention. It was a fascinating account. Several times Brad referred to the crowd loving it, but I wondered what Brad himself thought.

I really hope his not specifically saying he loved what Beck was doing is an indication of some reservations on his part about Glenn Beck. I find The Truth About Guns to be a refreshing change from the usual fare in the gun blogging world, but if they're Glenn Beck fans, I don't know, I may have to reconsider.

I'll add that the fact the NRA conventioneers enthusiastically encourage Glenn Beck's nonsense says more about them than it does about the "rodeo clown."

What's your opinion? Please leave a comment.

4 comments:

  1. But, but, everybody says Glen Bek is a fucking idiot and they would never listen to his nonsense. Next thing you'll be telling me is that the NRA's leadership hasn't called John Lott a serial liar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about you keep The Truth About Guns balanced by writing for us?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robert Farago,
    I tried writing you an e-mail but it bounced back. Is that a serious offer?

    ReplyDelete