Monday, October 10, 2011

Old Enough to Know Better

Updated 10-10-2011

I was first shocked at the age of this shooter in these circumstances, expecting that someone this old would have learned better impulse control over the years.

Then I got a look at the photo; he's a crabby looking old geezer, if ever there was one.  I admit to wondering if this is the same expression found on some of the commenters who use extremely offensive language as they sit at their computers...

From CBS Minnesota:

1 Dead, 2 Arrested In Kandiyohi Co. Shooting 
October 9, 2011 8:45 AM

Delbert Huber

(credit: Kandiyohi County Jail Roster) Filed under Crime, Local, News

and his son, (mug shot, courtesy of KSTP.com) 

his son, Timothy Huber

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — An 81-year-old man is in custody after telling police he shot and killed someone in Burbank Township.  Police say they received a call around 7:22 p.m. Saturday from Delbert Huber, who said he was at a residence on the 28000 block of 44th Street Northeast, where he committed a fatal shooting.  When police arrived, they found Huber with the body of a 43-year-old man, who had apparently suffered a gunshot wound.  Huber, 81, was with his 45-year-old son Timothy Huber at the time of the shooting. He told police he went to the residence early Saturday morning, got into a confrontation with the man and shot him.  Huber and his son were arrested at the scene. Huber could face a charge of second-degree murder and his son, Timothy, was arrested for possible charges of liability for crimes of another and aiding an offender.  Both are from rural Paynesville and are currently being held at the Kandiyohi County Jail.  The name of the deceased has been withheld, pending family notification.
 There's a crab apple that hasn't fallen far from it's tree....

4 comments:

  1. That picture looks alot like Democommie except his head is completely shaved. Has any one heard from him lately?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've heard from democommie more recently and often than we have heard from you Jim.

    His comments have a consistent wry humor that strikes me as the opposite of the crabby appleton's pictured here,'pere et fils'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. dog gone:

    I actually was going to comment earlier but I had to go shoo a buncha young whippersnappers offa my lawn!

    The older geezer's photo isn't coming up; the son looks at least as old as me and I'll be 62 in 2 weeks.

    My head is not shaved, Jim, it's just short. Shaving one's head involves more work than I'm interested in doing. What hair I have left is baby fine and if it's over an inch long I look as if I've been spending way too much time around a Van de Graff generator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good one, Jim. I've used that "has anyone heard from him lately" joke on some of the pro-gun guys. They didn't like it. You see how our side can take a joke.

    ReplyDelete