Saturday, June 28, 2014

In North Carolina - Drunken Gun Owner Kills His Friend

Timothy Glover

Local news reports

A  Salisbury man is behind bars, accused in the accidental shooting death of his cousin.


When officers arrived on scene, 23-year-old Roy Jacob Bryant was found suffering from a shotgun wound. He was taken to Rowan Regional Medical Center, where he succumbed to his injuries a short time later.
Investigators say Bryant and his 22-year-old cousin, Timothy Scott Glover, had been drinking liquor that night, and Glover had been in possession of a shotgun. Further investigation revealed Glover, who authorities say was intoxicated, was "carelessly" handling the shotgun when it discharged, firing a fatal blow into Bryant's body.
Authorities say Glover's shotgun was a 20 gauge, sawed-off shotgun. It's considered an illegal weapon and was seized.
Glover is charged with felony involuntary manslaughter and felony possession of a weapon of mass destruction.

5 comments:

  1. That's a "weapon of mass destruction"? I guess there were WMDs in Iraq after all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess your humor comes from your weapons. I suppose this is a joke? Hard to tell...

      Delete
    2. Oh, I finally get it. However, you don't know if there were SAWED-OFF SHOTGUNS in Iraq.

      Delete
  2. Yes, I don't get the WMD part. Is that because it was sawed off?

    ReplyDelete