Friday, March 4, 2011

Right Wing Ex-Hippies

via Get Off Our Planet. I love what this guy has to say.

As I get older it really cracks me up seeing all these people who live very liberal lifestyles developing ultra-conservative views as they get older. Hippie Republicans?? I don’t get it. If anything I’m getting more liberal as the years go by (ask most people who have known me for years if that is a good thing… in my case they will say it is).

A lot of people think that becoming more conservative as you age goes hand in hand with maturity. I just call it lame. Becoming more close-minded, intolerant, and crotchety as you get older isn’t good no matter how you look at it. And yes, that is how I see you conservatives. You don’t want the government off your backs as much as you just want the freedom to be ignorant, assholes, or both.


  1. I find it hilarious that he's complaining about other people being close minded and intolerant while he is extremely close minded and intolerant.

  2. And you, Mike, agree with this intolerant A-hole?
    Might say more about you then him, as he is obvious.

  3. Nice stuff, I agree, and I see that you are just calling it as you see I see it. Some things are obvious.

    The comment from Anon..It's not intolerant if, in fact, the underlying message is true.

    Anon. simply defers critical thinking. Way to go.

  4. I hear Sarah Brady is looking for work...

  5. I started out Liberal because that's how my parents were and I didn't know any better.

    As I became better educated and learned about the world, I became Conservative, because my ignorance was replaced with knowledge.

    Then, as I became even smarter, I recognized that freedom and individual liberty is what is most important to me, and that neither the "Left" or the "Right" really protected those ideals. I left behind many of the Conservative values of intolerance and moral "superiority," , re-discovered some of the Liberal agenda that relates to freedom, and am now a Constitutional Libertarian in support of equal rights, individual liberties for all, and less government intrusion in our lives.


  6. “If you're under thirty and you're not a liberal, you have no heart; if you're over 30 and you ARE a liberal, you have no brain.”

  7. I've know people who have gone both ways. My own experience is very much like the writer I quoted, so naturally that's the "right" one for me.