Friday, March 4, 2011

Right Wing Ex-Hippies

via Get Off Our Planet. I love what this guy has to say.

As I get older it really cracks me up seeing all these people who live very liberal lifestyles developing ultra-conservative views as they get older. Hippie Republicans?? I don’t get it. If anything I’m getting more liberal as the years go by (ask most people who have known me for years if that is a good thing… in my case they will say it is).

A lot of people think that becoming more conservative as you age goes hand in hand with maturity. I just call it lame. Becoming more close-minded, intolerant, and crotchety as you get older isn’t good no matter how you look at it. And yes, that is how I see you conservatives. You don’t want the government off your backs as much as you just want the freedom to be ignorant, assholes, or both.

7 comments:

  1. I find it hilarious that he's complaining about other people being close minded and intolerant while he is extremely close minded and intolerant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you, Mike, agree with this intolerant A-hole?
    Might say more about you then him, as he is obvious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice stuff, I agree, and I see that you are just calling it as you see it...as I see it. Some things are obvious.

    The comment from Anon..It's not intolerant if, in fact, the underlying message is true.

    Anon. simply defers critical thinking. Way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear Sarah Brady is looking for work...

    http://www.snowflakesinhell.com/2011/03/04/veto-the-second-amendment/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I started out Liberal because that's how my parents were and I didn't know any better.

    As I became better educated and learned about the world, I became Conservative, because my ignorance was replaced with knowledge.

    Then, as I became even smarter, I recognized that freedom and individual liberty is what is most important to me, and that neither the "Left" or the "Right" really protected those ideals. I left behind many of the Conservative values of intolerance and moral "superiority," , re-discovered some of the Liberal agenda that relates to freedom, and am now a Constitutional Libertarian in support of equal rights, individual liberties for all, and less government intrusion in our lives.

    ...Orygunner...

    ReplyDelete
  6. “If you're under thirty and you're not a liberal, you have no heart; if you're over 30 and you ARE a liberal, you have no brain.”

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've know people who have gone both ways. My own experience is very much like the writer I quoted, so naturally that's the "right" one for me.

    ReplyDelete