The gun crowd generally opposes all gun laws, regardless of how reasonable or obviously beneficial. Allowing guns in bars is a good example. In response to stories like this one, the usual responses would be offered.
1. Most shootings happen in gun-free zones. If you prohibit the good guys from having guns in a certain place they'll be sitting ducks.
2. The guy in this story was obviously a criminal. Lawful gun owners don't do stuff like that.
3. The gun is only a tool, the problem is the person.
4. Constitutionally-protected, natural rights are not to be restricted. That's what "shall not be infringed" means.
5. and my favorite: Freedom has its price.
Have I forgotten any?
Please leave a comment.