Friday, April 27, 2012

Accidental Shooting of Shreveport Man - No Charges

The Shreveport Times reports

Shreveport police are at the scene of an accidental shooting in the 100 block of West 77th Street near St. Vincent.

Two brothers were hanging out when a firearm discharged and hit one in the leg. He was taken to LSU Hospital by private vehicle for treatment.

No one was charged in the incident, but police detained some people for questioning.
Isn't Brad Kozak from Shreveport

Dear God in heaven, please let it be him.  You can see the humor in that, can't you Lord? If you grant me this favor, I promise I won't rub it in too much on The Truth About Guns and I will always be your faithful servant, Michael. I ask you this in the name of Our Lord Jesus Christ.  Amen.

12 comments:

  1. Sorry. Not me. I do live in Shreveport. But that particular area in town is notable for three things:

    1. There's a cemetery nearby.
    2. The Caddo Parrish (LA's ver. of a county) School Board is nearby.
    3. It's an "economically-disadvantaged" area (read: "slum").

    I don't go over into that part of town if I can avoid it. The best way to avoid trouble is to not be there when it happens.

    The best way to avoid trouble when you can't avoid being there is to make sure you can defend yourself, keep your head down, and try to avoid provoking anybody. Words to live by.

    But thanks for all the kind words. Nice to know my fans are wishing me well.

    - Brad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mikeb, your vindictiveness is showing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily Brad recognizes my sense of humor better than you do, Greg, I think.

      Delete
    2. Not when you make jokes about the things that Democommie and Laci are serious in wanting.

      Delete
  3. I know exactly how you feel mikeb. Every time I hear about a little boy raped by catholic priests in Italy, I hope and pray to god that it was your son.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right, Anonymous, such a comment is uncalled for. We're better than the gun control side. Show it.

      Delete
    2. Relax, mikeb knows who I am and knows it's satire.

      Delete
  4. "Two brothers were hanging out when a firearm discharged and hit one in the leg."

    wow...they have one magic gun there...and mike, praying that it might be someone with whom you disagree with..classy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, Jake, are you telling me you didn't recognize the humor in that post?

      Delete
    2. I guess not...You should do like everyone else after saying something like that and put a smiley after it..A smiley makes everything ok..:-)

      Delete
  5. I want to know where all these "magic" guns keep coming from that "go off" without someone pulling the trigger? If you can ship some over here I'll pass them out to the Taliban, that might get us home sooner!

    ReplyDelete