Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Accidental Shooting of Alabama Man by Himself - He's Critical

Local news reports

On Saturday at about 5:30 p.m., the Tuscaloosa County Sheriff's office requested the Tuscaloosa County Homicide Unit to respond to 11000 block of Cochran Road, in Woodstock because a man had been shot in the head.

The victim, a 56-year-old man, was transported to UAB by ambulance with life-threatening injuries. Witnesses at the scene said the man was playing with a small pistol he recently purchased and the gun went off, shooting him in the head. The shot appeared to have been an accidental discharge.
These "accidents," which are much more frequent than the pro-gun crowd would have us believe, could largely be prevented if stricter gun control laws were in effect. When anybody, anywhere can get a gun legally, with little or no training and little or no qualifications, gun mishaps are more likely.

What's your opinion?  Please leave a comment.

7 comments:

  1. I'd be critical of myself, too, if I shot myself. That hasn't happened, so I'm a certified, Mikeb-evaluated good gun owner, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, so far, but you're still young.

      Delete
    2. Your lack of confidence is not appreciated. Just how old do you think I am, by the way?

      Delete
    3. Greg, I am over 50, way over, younger than 75. Do you fit in there?

      Delete
    4. In another decade, I'll be in that group. As far as I've seen of the human race, it's not how many years you have, but how well you've lived them that matters.

      Delete
    5. Ok, I will go with that too. But dont forget about the miles! And burning the candles at both ends.

      Delete
    6. I know what you mean, Texas Colt carry. Some experiences I wouldn't trade for a million dollars, while others I'm happier once they're memories and not current life.

      Delete