Sunday, April 8, 2012

New Jersey Man Fires Nail into Heart and Lives

Dennis Hennis, a 52-year-old self-employed builder, was working on his neighbour's roof when his nail gun jammed and he tried to clear it.

The nail pierced the right side of his heart and he went into cardiac arrest.

His surgeon credited Mr Hennis' recovery to prompt medical attention and knowing that he should not remove the nail himself.
Remember the nail-in-the-brain guy? What's wrong with these people? Am I the only one who sees a problem with guys like this owning and operating weapons? If they can't safely handle nail guns, what could possibly make us think they would do better with real guns?

What's your opinion? Please leave a comment.


  1. Perhaps you could realize that this is human nature. People screw up in spectacular ways, and there's not one thing that you can do to stop it. But will you now argue in favor of stricter nail gun control? You should throw in a ban on ladders, just in case.

  2. This guy evidently forgot the number one rule when your nail gun is jammed...remove the air hose,( or take the battery out in the case of a cordless gun.), before checking the reason for the jam. No air, the nail gun can't fire. Number two rule is come down off a ladder before doing maintenance on your tools-it's too easy to lose your balance and fall.