Thursday, January 20, 2011

Museum Piece Returned

Here's the story. A gun owner dies, his daughter finds this interesting gun among his stuff. It turns out to have been stolen from a museum in 1975.

It makes you wonder how many gun-rights extremists are hiding little secrets among their collections. Of course they always maintain plausible deniability.
Officials still don't know how her father acquired the gun - maybe unknowingly at a relics show.
Yeah, I'm sure that's it.

What's your opinion? Please leave a comment.

2 comments:

  1. As an aside, my father was a serious gun lover, and owned a great many guns. As a child I was surrounded by the things. When he died, most were sold, but a couple were stolen during a home robbery. It was only last year (decades later) when I finally divested myself of the last of these guns. It was a replica of that gun you feature here, with a home-made case to display it in. I think it was his favorite in the collection. (I intended to destroy the gun, but my sister threw a fit, demanding it be sent to her "because it meant so much to dad" so I gave in, this once, and sent it to her via her daughter.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that familys story, Baldr.

    ReplyDelete