Sunday, February 12, 2012

Captain Beefheart Festival 2011-2012 - 3rd Night of the Living Van Vliet

Here's the explanation of the origin and the dates.

Zig Zag Wanderer



Zig zag wanderer, zig zag wanderer (rep.)
You can huff, you can puff
You'll never blow my house down
You can zig, you can zag
Whoa I'm gonna stay, gonna stay around (rep.)

You can jump, you can holler
Never lose what I found
Heaven's free 'cept for a dollar
You can zig, you can zag
Whoa I'm gonna stay, gonna stay around (rep.)

The zig zag wanderer had a zigzag child
Zig zag traveller for the mercy mile
Found his wheels and nature scene
Quenched his thirst, (in a?) way it never been
Zig zag wanderer (rep.)

You can dance, you can prance
Freeze those timbers, drop some beams
Hide my shield, throw away my lance
Zig zag child, mercy mile
Zig zag dream, zig zag dream
Zig zag

1 comment:

  1. This is such a fantastic record...the lead guitarist in this version of the Magic Band is none other than a young Ry Cooder. Recorded in 1966, Safe As Milk remains timeless. Songs and poetry and music that are totally unique, out of time out of any era. I am going to post a live performance of Electricity on YouTube, from 1967 recorded on the Beach in Cannes....Cooder isn't the guitarist in the performance, but Electricity is another piece from Safe As Milk, same era....incredible stuff. As a bass player, I love Zig Zag...back in the days when a band could be truly bass driven.

    ReplyDelete