Sunday, February 12, 2012

More on Medical Marijuana and Gun Ownership

This came in by e-mail. What do you think he's saying and what's your response to it?

I refuse to join blog sites as I know it will consume more of my time, yet as I am doing research, I have stumbled across your blog and feel the intrinsic need to voice my opinion.

You have voiced your opinion on drug laws prohibiting gun usage and thus your view that a medical marijuana user should not be permitted to own or use a firearm.

If this is incorrect, please forgive my misperception.

The Gun Control Act bans "unlawful users" of controlled substances from possessing a firearm, and marijuana is a schedule I substance which does not grant lawful use as there is no federally accepted medical benefit. Well, unless you are using marijuana through a FDA study, which has not occurred in my research in about 20 or more years, or if you are one of the FOUR-ish remaining federal marijuana patients. Sadly, I digress, but my point is simple.

COCAINE AND OPIUM are Schedule II drugs which is defined as having a medically accepted purpose. This means that lawfully, an individual may be a medically prescribed cocaine or opium user and still maintain full gun ownership protection, while state licensed medical marijuana users do not.

Protecting the security of society must always be the focal point of liberty restricting legislation, but be sure that you understand the full reaching grasp of this legislation before you educate readers.

1 comment:

  1. Beats me what this message is trying to say. It strikes me as someone who wishes to look smarter than he actually is, given the overblown language.

    ReplyDelete