Saturday, February 18, 2012

Captain Beefheart Festival 2011-2012 - 9th Night of the Living Van Vliet

Here's the explanation of the origin and the dates.

Thanks to Microdot for the title of the Festival.

Zen Comix has joined the festivities.


Lick My Decals Off, Baby is the fourth album by Captain Beefheart & the Magic Band, released in 1970 on Frank Zappa's Straight Records label. The follow-up to Trout Mask Replica (1969), it is regarded by some critics and listeners as superior, and was Van Vliet's personal favorite. Don Van Vliet said that the title is an encouragement to "get rid of the labels", and to evaluate things according to their merits rather than according to superficial labels (or "decals").



woe-is-a-me-bop
oh-drop-a-re-bop-oh
everybody's doing it
please don't let them ruin it oh

3 comments:

  1. Mike, le facteur est venu aujourd'hui avec la cle usb. Je vous remercie!
    I opened my email and got a few pics of Perugia in the snow from my buddy who I am going to visit in the fall. My wife lived in Perugia for a few months...I will send the pics later...they are pretty fantastic. Merci encore!
    I posted a live version of this song, Lick My Decals Off is still one of the greatest body of work of aural art ever made! I'm posting a version of The Best Batch Yet from 1980 later that somehow connects to the best batch of Santorum yet, from 2008, that I have ever witnessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I think this is my favorite album of his, but at other times I think that of others.

    ReplyDelete