Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Gunloons and the Pretense of Diversity

Suppose I claim to be a big supporter of Israel. Let's suppose I champion Jewish organizations and causes such as B'nai B'rith and Hadassah and AIPAC.  Sounds like I'm pretty pro-Israel, right?

But what if I quote folks like David Duke or StormFront approvingly?

Now, I'd say there's quite a big disconnect there--that I'm probably either quite confused or I'm probably trying to pull the wool over someone's eyes.

As I sagely noted, previously, gunloons like to pretend they're something more than fat, white, middle-aged males. They do this by pretending they support diversity.  Of course, the reality is something very different.

Consider Joe Huffman.  At every opportunity,Huffman will tell his fellow gunloons that he's a big supporter of Pink Pistols--a group of supposed gay gunloons (of course, Pink Pistols is about as big as Gay Black Republicans).  Anyway, Huffman is a big, big fan of Clayton Cramer and frequently quotes him approvingly on his blog.  Seems Cramer, a gunloon, has a big problem with homosexuals. Actually, I'm being somewhat understated. Cramer frequently accuses gays of having sex with animals and children and often recount, in prurient detail, how gays might have sex; neglecting, of course, the fact heterosexuals often engage in the same activities. Further, you back up your goofiness with the kind of ‘research’ that would make a Nazi eugenicist embarrassed.

But Huffman thinks the guy is just swell.

5 comments:

  1. Jadegold, you're absolutely right. The pretentions of gun bloggers and commenters that they're not racists and/or misogynists and/or homophobes is laughable. Good luck getting them to admit it, though.

    Can you imagine the lengthy explanation that a Joe Huffman or a Linoge could produce in response to such an accusation. It would boggle the mind. But, as you pointed out, birds of a feather flock together. At least Clayton has the balls to own up to his beliefs, as misguided as they may be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just found that page, JadeGold. I've known about it for a while.

    Too bad Cramer was used to discredit Bellesiles. Of course, that was a bit of minutia on Bellesisles's book--the probate records.

    On the other hand, look at Lott and what he can get away with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will not "admit" something which is not true.

    I am a gun blogger. I am not racist. I am not a misogynist. I am not a homophobe.

    None of the people I know in the "gunloon" world are any of these things. To suggest that gun bloggers are prejudiced as a group indicates prejudice. This childish name-calling also highlights the poverty of your arguments.

    I am disappointed. I thought I had two worthy opponents.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a Bachelor Of Fine Arts. I care about the environment. I have never killed a animal in my life. I accepted same-sex people and practiced recycling long before it became socially fashionable for you. Also your blogging rant makes no since. O yea, finally I own guns and vote with the NRA.
    Savannah College of Art and Design is where I got my COLLEGE DEGREE, YOU STERO-TYPER/SUBJECTIVE THINKING PERSON.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bryan, You're right. I'm not sure if you were referring to Jadegold's post or my first comment, but I agree it's stereotyping, sort-of. Jadegold was mainly talking about Joe Huffman and I left my "stereotyping" remarks ambiguous, something that was apparently lost on Robert Farago.

    Let me ask you this? Is my suggesting that gun owners suffer from, generally speaking, racism, misygony and homophobia less believable than Robert Farago saying he knows not one single case?

    Robert, I don't remember, did you also claim to not know one single unfit gun owner, not one who drinks a bit too much or has anger problems?

    ReplyDelete