I encourage people who follow the discussion of gun issues here to view it; if you don't have access to Current TV through your cable service, consider getting it. The documentary may also be available online or through sources like a library in your area. This particular documentary addresses the overwhelming contribution of guns from the U.S. into Mexico, the NRA, the gun show loophole, and the Obama administration requirement on multiple gun sales reporting that - contrary to what some of our commenters were expecting, from the assurances of the NRA - was found to be perfectly legal recently, as I posted here.
For those of you weak on geography (as sadly too many Americans are, another failure of our education system) Juarez is across the border from El Paso, Texas. The two cities are considered one of the largest bi-national metropolitan areas.
Watch. Learn. Think. Think about following the money through the NRA, back to the gun manufacturers. We need to act.
From Vanguard / Current TV:
In "Arming the Mexican Cartels," Christof Putzel and the Renaud Brothers report from Juarez, Mexico, commonly known as the Murder Capital of the World. American guns are flooding across the border into Mexico, arming deadly cartel drug wars which continue to spiral out of control. Embedded with Mexican Police, Army Special Forces and Juarez CSI teams, Christof takes viewers on a journey where few dare to go, following a trail of blood, drugs and guns that inevitably leads back to the United States.
- Juarez mother stops a drive-by shooting: Scenes from 'Vanguard
- Going undercover at Texas gun show: Scenes from 'Vanguard'
- Crossing the U.S.-Mexico border, this time following guns: 'Vanguard' Blog
- Christof's Hipstamatic photo gallery: Facebook
- Mexican cartel car chase: 'Vanguard' Dispatches from the Field
- Inside a Mexican gun vault: 'Vanguard' Dispatches from the Field
- Learning how to shoot with the ATF: 'Vanguard' Dispatches from the Field
- This town is famous for hit men and burritos: 'Vanguard' Dispatches from the Field