Saturday, February 25, 2012

Captain Beefheart Festival 2011-2012 - 16th Night of the Living Van Vliet

Here's the explanation of the origin and the dates.

Thanks to Microdot for the title of the Festival.

Zen Comix has joined the festivities.

From Bongo Fury



I was sittin' in a breakfast room in Allentown, Pennsylvania, six
o'clock in the morning, got up to early, it was a terrible
mistake... sittin' there face-to-face with a 75 cent glass of orange
juice about as big as my finger and a bowl of horribly foreshortened
cornflakes, and I said to myself: "This is the life!"...

She's 200 years old,
so mean, she couldn't grow no lips
Boy, she'd be in trouble if she tried to grow a mustache

She's two hundred years old
Squattin' down & pockin' up
In front of the juke box
just like she had True Religion.. BOY!

She's two hundred years old
Hoy!, hoy!, in 200 years,
half of this, none of that,
one.. fifty.. oh squattin',
Yeah-ah, ain't she got
Oohhh, she got religion now, boy.

Oohhhh, ?? ?? ??
Oohhhh, she's just mean,
she just, she just can't grow no lips.
Squat.. down, so mean she can't grow no lips.
200 years old, so mean she can't grow no lips

1 comment:

  1. I saw Beefheart and Zappa in Detroit during this tour. If you can find a performance of The Man With The Womans Head!
    I had a Van Vliet miraculous experience this evening...while perusing the collection of fellow named bookhaven on youtube, I ran across a Magic Band performance from 1981. It was shot at the Mudd Club in Tribeca around 5 am in the morning. The sound is lousy, the lighting is terrible, but I can tell you more about the date. They had played a show at Irving Plaza up at Union Square earlier and it was the night that John Lennon was shot.
    Why do I know so much about this, why is this a miracle? I was at the show and it's something I would never in a million years to ever see again.

    ReplyDelete