Friday, March 18, 2011

More on Schaeffer Cox



Federal charges filed against Schaeffer.

Four of the five Interior Alaska residents arrested on state murder conspiracy charges last week now face federal charges after a federal grand jury announced two indictments this afternoon.

For Salcha couple Lonnie Vernon, 55, and his wife, Karen Vernon, 66, federal charges now include conspiracy to kill an IRS employee, U.S. District Judge Ralph Beistline and family members. The charges supersede an earlier indictment against Lonnie Vernon.

Fairbanks resident Francis “Schaeffer” Cox, 27, and Coleman Barney, 36, of the North Pole area now face federal charges of conspiracy to possess illegal weapons. Cox faces additional charges for the possession of a Sten machine gun and manufacture of a silencer.

Read more: Fairbanks Daily News-Miner - Federal charges filed in Fairbanks groups alleged plot to kill judge IRS agent troopers
I've referred to Mr. Cox before as the Jim Jones of Gun Rights, but he's much more. He's going to be their patron saint and martyr.

What's your opinion? Please leave a comment, especially you Zorroy. You must just love what this young man has to say.

6 comments:

  1. The sooner we 'martyr' this politically lunatic asshole into a jail cell for the rest of his life, the better - and safer - that life will be for the rest of us.

    Beginning with safer for his wife...

    ReplyDelete
  2. His wife was in on it. In fact, I would hold her primarily responsible as her husband wanted nothing more than to protect her. It was her female witchery that made him do it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've referred to Mr. Cox before as the Jim Jones of Gun Rights, but he's much more. He's going to be their patron saint and martyr.

    Um, when is he going to become a (oops, I mean "the") "patron saint and martyr" of gun rights advocates? I certainly haven't seen any sign of it yet, have you? Granted, I can't guarantee it will never happen at some point in the future, but if I were a gambling man, I sure as hell would be betting against Cox's "patron saint and martyr" status among any significant faction of gun rights advocates.

    Please leave a comment, especially you Zorroy. You must just love what this young man has to say.

    Oh--I "must just love" it, "must" I? I take it you have somehow failed to notice that I don't take very kindly to being told what I "must" do, and tend to do just the opposite, just for the sheer joy of defying such coercions. This time, though, I would have told Cox he was on his own, even without the extra incentive.

    Sure, I reject the legitimacy of the laws against his possession of a submachine gun and silencer, but those charges aren't really his biggest problem. The murder conspiracy charges, if there's anything to them (a determination I'm not in a position to make), are nothing I would defend him for.

    If that's what he had going on, he deserves a long stretch in the joint.

    So, to sum up, Gracious Blog Host, you are wrong again . . . er, still.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zorroy, Thanks for clearing that up, but have you told your friends over on Sipsey Street how you feel about that? Or, are you not quite as resolute in your opinions as you pretend?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zorroy, Thanks for clearing that up, but have you told your friends over on Sipsey Street how you feel about that?

    No need to. Unless I've missed it (unlikely), no one at Sipsey St. has made the idiotic assertion that I "must love" what Cox has to say. No idiocy to correct, no need for me to say anything.

    Or, are you not quite as resolute in your opinions as you pretend?

    No "pretend[ing]" here, unless you are trying to give the impression that you have any fucking idea about what the fuck you're talking about. That would be pretending on an epic scale. Then again, we all know of your tendency to indulge your rich and active (if highly implausible) fantasy life.

    ReplyDelete