Monday, March 14, 2011

"Very Presidential" Michelle Bachmann

via Norwegianity from The Washington Monthly.

Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann's visit to the first-in-the-nation primary state of New Hampshire got off to a rocky start on Saturday morning when she misstated a key fact about the American Revolution in a speech to a group of local conservative activists and students. 

"What I love about New Hampshire and what we have in common is our extreme love for liberty," the potential GOP presidential candidate said. "You're the state where the shot was heard around the world in Lexington and Concord." [...]
Three years ago when Sarah Palin kept putting her foot in her mouth, someone said to me "I think they're trying to lose," referring to McCain and Palin. Maybe that's what Michelle Bachmann is doing already.  You remember what George said. What do you think?

Please leave a comment.

4 comments:

  1. All politicians make mistakes!

    Let's not get into a gaff fest.

    Obama, Bush, Clinton, Bush, Reagan and Carter have all made them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that's right. But just like all people are equal, but some are more equal than others, all politicians do this, but Palin does it more then the rest. And you have to admit, this one from Michelle is pretty good.

    Bush was pretty good too.

    Are you by chance trying to defend your side's heroes and spokespeople?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Defend, nope!

    I think I put Bush, Bush and Reagan in there!

    I do a lot of public speaking, and I make mistakes all the time. I personally think Obama is brilliant in a bungling genius kind of way. Like the kind of guy who can talk about economics but never made a dime running a business sort of way. He is so smart he can't make a decision because he can see both sides and gets stuck there.
    The kind that can talk educated but can't tie his shoes. You get that?
    But I give a pass to all politicians for verbal gaffes. Unless they make them over and over.
    Maybe because I didn't know there was a Concord in New Hampshire either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you on the public gaffes. I hated all that attention on Palin three years ago.

    ReplyDelete